Monday, October 24, 2011

About the Site

Rinella Was Here is a blog about writing, gaming, and the arts. I post stories, "reviews", and how-to's. These come in several categories. Here's a breakdown of what I post.

Short Stories- These will often be oneshots, just stories I write for fun and for my readers to enjoy. They may tie into larger stories, but they should be able to stand on their own.

Stories- I will post longer original stories in chapters using Google Docs. These may overlap with the Experimental category.

Fan Fictions- I write a little bit of fan fiction in addition to my original stories. I will only occasionally post them here, but they will all be posted to my DeviantArt account. The only ones I will never post here are my MLP: FiM stories, as I know not all my readers are bronies. Those stories can be found on Equestria Daily and my DA.

Experimental Works- I will write stories that are experimental in nature, trying new techniques and styles of writing. These will not always be good. In fact, many will likely fail. The point of them is not quality, it is innovation. If a new idea works, expect to see it experimented on again as I practice it.

World Building- I love world building, and I've got several universes I'm working on. I will sometimes post information about them. As is the rule for all material on this blog, they are open to criticism and review.

Game Study- I don't really review media. I analyze it. This will often be focused on video games, looking at trends in game design, story conventions, and many other topics relating to the medium. The games I talk about will often not be new- I play slowly and can't get new games quickly. So if I'm talking about a game from three years ago, bear with me.

How-to's- I am, first and foremost, a student of writing. I love teaching as well, and a major part of this site will be how-to's for writing fiction. The topics will range from broad, major things like "Female Characters" to such specific things as "Naming People and Places".

News and Information- I'll sometimes post about what's going on in my life and classes, along with stories I'm working on. I'll also be posting collaboration requests and contest information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment